Be Healthy. Feel Better. Join the Y today!
It’s easy to join the YMCA and make a difference in your life. Whatever your health and fitness goals, you’ll find the support you need with fun classes, sports and activities for all ages. Our state-of-the-art facility features a walking/running track, leisure and lap pool and a re-designed Individual Strength and Conditioning Centre with a wide variety of new fitness equipment, including TRX Suspension Training.
YMCA Benefits and Features
A YMCA membership gives you full use of our YMCA including all facility recreation and fitness areas. Work out in our Wellness Centre, strike a yoga pose in our stretching studio, take a swim in either our lap or leisure pools, or play basketball. There’s so much to see and do here at the Y!
At the Y, we offer convenient hours and a variety of program times to suit your lifestyle, plus:
- A convenient child minding service
- A modern Wellness Centre complete with weight training equipment, spacious cardio area and free weights area.
- Bright indoor track for walking or running any time of year!
- Two pools – a 20 metre lap pool and a therapeutic, leisure pool!
- A spacious, indoor double gym area for recreational sports such as basketball, volleyball and soccer.
- Multi-purpose rooms for fitness classes, special events or birthday parties.
Workout With a Group or on Your Own
We have over 60 group fitness classes per week including Yoga, Aquafitness, Cyclefit, Boot Camp, and Tai Chi. Our state of the art Individual Conditioning centre has a complete line of strength machines, treadmills, bikes, elliptical joggers and free weights. A Wellness Orientation is included in the membership fee.
Child Minding While You Work Out
Exercising is an important part of healthy living. However, it can be hard to find time to stay healthy and fit when you are responsible for caring for young children.
The YMCA of Sudbury can help. Our Playcare and Youth Drop-In Services lets you participate in a group fitness class or individual workout while we watch your children.
Our Playcare Service features:
- A fun, safe, and secure environment where your children can have fun while you exercise
- Facilities to care for children between the ages of six weeks and 5 years
- Crib and change-table
- Age appropriate toys, books and art supplies
- Well-trained staff, volunteers, and supervisors certified in First Aid and CPR and Healthy Child Development Training
Our Youth Drop-In features:
- A fun, safe and secure environment where your children can have fun while you exercise
- Facilities to care for your children between the ages of 6 and 12 years of age
- Age appropriate games and art supplies
- Well-trained staff, volunteers and supervisors certified in First Aid and CPR and Healthy Child Development Training
Playcare and Youth Drop-In are availabel for a maximum of two-hour consecutive stay; it's a great way for parents or caregivers to take care of themselves and their children at the same time. To find out about the hours of operation please call Membership Services at 705-673-9136.
Child and Youth Programs
We offer a wide range of membership based child and youth programs including: swimming lessons, gymnastics, youth fitness, preschool programs, basketball, volleyball, squash, and leadership development programs.
Join the Y!
Visit the YMCA of Sudbury anytime during business hours and take a tour to discover everything a YMCA membership can offer you. When you’re ready to join, speak to a Membership Services Representative.
Individual Membership Fees
Preschool (0-5 yrs) $29.85/mo.
Child (6-12 yrs) $29.85/mo.
Teen (13-14 yrs) $29.85/mo.
Teen (15-17 yrs) $32.75/mo.
Student (18+ yrs) $45.15/mo.
Adult (18+ yrs) $62.69/mo.
Senior (60+ yrs) $48.88/mo.
Enhanced Change Room Option - $27.52/ mo.
We offer an adult only change room option featuring a whirlpool, steam room, towel service and complimentary personal care products. A lounge area with a television, telephone, magazines and daily newspapers are included.
Family Membership Fees
Adult Couple $106.58/mo.
Senior Couple $82.35/mo.
1 Adult, 1 Child $83.59/mo.
1 Adult, 2 Children $98.52/mo.
1 Adult, 3 Children $113.45/mo.
2 Adults, 1 Child $121.51/mo.
2 Adults, 2 Children $136.44/mo.
A YMCA membership is a valuable tool that can help you and your family achieve a healthy lifestyle. As a charity, we are committed to keeping our membership fees as affordable as possible so that everyone in the community has the opportunity to participate in a YMCA program.
If you feel that your financial situation is a barrier to membership, contact us to discuss options for financial assistance; we can help.
YMCA Building Renewal Fund
The YMCA Building Renewal Fund is a one-time contribution used for maintenance and improvements of our facilities through renovations and refurbishment. This is a one time contribution of $65.00 plus tax for all new adult members provided membership is continuous and does not lapse for more than four months. Note: Only one fee per family/couple.